- Successful completion of a college diploma in an Executive Assistant Program together with post-secondary training in office administration, secretarial sciences or related disciplines.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in an executive and administrative environment (or equivalent).
- Experience working in high-level political or executive office with the ability to manage the challenges associated with this work environment.
- Understanding of the municipal and regional levels of government and the services provided by both levels of government.
- General knowledge of Provincial and Federal government functions, structures and responsibilities.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to analyze meeting materials in order to provide summaries and backgrounders as required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel and Publisher.
- Ability to work independently, combined with well-developed organization and time management skills and the ability to deal effectively with tact, courtesy, discretion and diplomacy with all levels of staff and the public.
- Highly developed customer service skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to independently resolve problems and issues under minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop effective relationships and regularly interact with staff, service providers, stakeholders and other senior elected officials at all levels.
- You demonstrate the Town’s corporate values of service, collaboration, care, and courage
- Ability to work flexible business hours to accommodate special events/meetings on weekends and/or evenings as required. Please note: Up to 35% of the work may be outside normal business hours.
- In addition, you must possess a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and have a vehicle for use on corporate business (mileage compensated).
- You will be required to provide proof of vehicle insurance upon hire.
Comprehensive benefit package included.
The Town of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation