- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or a related discipline is complemented by a Certified Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- A minimum of five (5) years of financial experience including financial analysis, forecasting and projects
- Knowledge of municipal revenue sources as well as a demonstrated ability to interpret and explain key municipal related provincial statutes and regulations such as the Municipal Act and Development Charges Act
- Demonstrated experience in writing and reviewing analytical financial reports/studies, including ability to identify problems, research, analyze and interpret data, and make and defend evidence-based recommendations
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to develop, analyze and/or advise on financial policy
- Strong results oriented, analytical skill set with an attention to detail
- Advanced financial analytical accounting skills in both a private and municipal setting
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and confidential topics in a political environment
- Demonstrated ability to build high levels of credibility within diverse work groups as well as the ability to develop productive partnerships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to balance multiple non-routine responsibilities, shifting priorities when required
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software applications
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis, design and creation of financial models, defining relevant information, interpreting data, developing reports and graphs, making recommendations from the results of the studies
- You demonstrate Richmond Hill’s corporate values of care, collaboration, courage and service
- Possess a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and have access to a vehicle for use on corporate business (mileage compensated), you will be required to provide proof of valid vehicle insurance upon hire.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in customer service, team work, initiative, accountability and adaptability
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.