- Your minimum qualifications include a High School Diploma, or equivalent, and a Building Environmental Systems Certified Operator along with a minimum of five years of related experience in the control, operation, maintenance and repair of complex building systems and equipment.
- You have a working knowledge of standard computer software applications (i.e. spreadsheets, databases, etc.), computerized building systems and computerized maintenance management systems.
- You are a team player with well-developed customer service skills, you have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- You demonstrate the Town’s corporate values of service, collaboration, care, and courage.
- General knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act is required.
- You must be physically able and competent to perform the physical demands of this position under adverse weather and site conditions.
- The successful candidate will also be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check within one month of commencing position.
- You possess an Ontario Class "G" Driver’s License in good standing and must provide a satisfactory current Drivers Abstract from the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO).
- The shifts and hours are subject to change at management’s discretion in accordance with the Canadian Union of Public Employees (C.U.P.E.) Collective Agreement. This position is a member of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (C.U.P.E.).
NOTE: This position is being advertised concurrently to internal and external candidates. External candidates shall only be considered after current Town of Richmond Hill qualified Union members.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.